Our Equality Objectives
From our analysis, we have identified 3 key objectives that our school will focus on this year. These objectives will provide additional emphasis to the general duties required in the Equality Act 2010 to:
· Advance equality of opportunity
· Eliminate unlawful discrimination
· Foster good relations
Our equality objectives are:
· To promote cultural and spiritual development and understanding through a rich range of experiences through the school curriculum and opportunities beyond the school
· To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities and participation in educational visits
· To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
· To ensure there is no prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
· To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum
· To actively close any gaps in achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially pupils eligible for free-school meals, pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children.
Equalities information will be updated annually and progress towards our objectives will be monitored and reviewed every year. In line with legislation, the objectives will be re-published formally, at least every 4 years.