As a Church of England School, we have strong links with our local church, St Saviour’s Church.
There are many ways in which these links are forged, including regular school services at the church and regular visitors from the church at our assemblies. St Saviour’s Church in Markhouse Road was established in 1874 and began to provide day school education from 1885, leading to the creation of schools which were eventually to become the St Saviour’s School of today.
Throughout those years there has always been a close relationship between the church and the school. The current parish priest, Father Salvador Telen, visits the school weekly and preside’s at whole school mass in the church every month.
St Saviour’s is a church in the Anglo-Catholic tradition of the Church of England, providing the children with opportunities to encounter beautiful liturgy and participate as servers and readers. St Saviour’s is a very diverse community which seeks to share God’s love in the neighbourhood and provide a welcome to all.
The church is currently active in the CitySafe initiative and in creating a Peace Garden in the church grounds.
Please visit the St Saviour’s Church website here.